Signing up
I just signed on the dotted line to get my PT6A-67B engine overhauled. Levaero Aviation (a Pilatus SC in Thunder Bay, Canada) will come pick-up my trusty bird on May 15 and, assuming no major unexpected problems, deliver it back to me on July 5. Standard Aero in Winnipeg will do the actual engine overhaul while Levareo handles the engine R&R, does an annual inspection, and handles the prop overhaul (the prop overhaul also happens to be due). I am getting an exchange prop from the factory in Germany rather than doing the actual overhaul of my prop.
Being a first run engine and having taken good care of it (trend data has been rock solid for eight years), while I expect some surprises during the overhaul, I am hoping for nothing major. But, we shall see.
Levaero could have installed a loaner engine for a relatively modest cost, but we will be out of the country during that period anyway so I plan to use the opportunity to get a tail-wheel endorsement and do some low and slow flying.
Hopefully there will not be much exciting to report, but in case some others here see this in their future, I will report back on how the process unfolds.